As we celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends, the holiday is always time to remember what we have to be thankful for. My personal list for 2018:
- Even as America remain bitterly divided and partisan, I’m thankful I live in a country whose founding principles include freedom of the press and ability to speak freely. Compared to many parts of the world such rights don’t exist, and we would be remiss not to recognize how truly fortunate we are;
- I’m thankful I continue to meet amazing women and have a strong support network;
- I’m grateful my Crohn’s disease continues to be in remission, allowing me to live a fairly normal life;
- I’m thankful that even with the side effects associated with Crohn’s I was able to work towards a goal of writing 500 words per day and keep my volunteer commitments;
- That I was fortunate enough to visit Frayssinet, France for 11 incredible days;
- That my volunteer work continues to be fulfilling, and I hope, making a positive difference in the lives of others; and
- That I am lucky enough to have a close and loving family.
This Thanksgiving, what are you thankful for in your life?